Sous Vide BBQ Country Style Ribs - Keto - LCHF
Sous vide actually means in French “under vacuum”. The French developed this cooking technique to put food in a plastic bag, remove the air and then put the bag in a hot water bath for a long time. This is the ultimate low and slow and makes a pit master cooking at 225F for 6 hours look like a short order cook. To give you an idea of how long sous vide takes. To cook a steak medium it is at least an hour, Chicken thighs take at least two hours to cook. A Brisket up to 48 hours. Yes, two full days. This recipe takes 8.5 hours but do not worry it is simple and your actual work time is about 30 minutes, max.Print Recipe
- 1 REC TEC Grills Trailblazer | RT-340 | Bundle | Wifi Enabled | Portable Wood Pellet Grill
- 1 Camp Chef Woodwind with Sidekick
- 1 Weber SmokeFire EX4
- 1 BBQ Dragon Extreme Heat Resistant Gloves
- 1 ChefSteps Joule Sous Vide, 1100 Watts, White Body, Stainless Steel Cap & Base
- 1 C20L-JOL Lid tailored for Joule circulator with LIPAVI Sous Vide Container C20
- 1 LIPAVI Sous Vide Container - Model C20 - 26 Quarts - 21 x 12.8 inch
- 1 Slab of Country Style Pork Ribs
- 2 cup Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Garlic (Aioli) Sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tbsp Kraft Olive Oil Mayo
- 1 tbsp Go-Go Green
- Lay out a couple of paper towels then place country style ribs on top with plenty of space between. Now season with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Be generous and season both sides of these ribs (actually steaks). Next season the steaks with Go-Go Green Seasoning if you like the flavor of New Mexico green chile like I do.
- Put 3 season ribs into a vacuum seal bag and using vacuum sealer remove air and seal. Do that two more time until all 9 ribs are bagged and ready for the sous vide bath.
- Now put country style ribs into sous vide bath for 8 hours with the temperature set for 140F.
- After the 8 hours remove the ribs from the sous vide cooking bags but be sure to retain all the juices. These juices will be used to make out basting sauce.
- Using paper towels make sure the ribs are completely dry. Try not to run the ribs or the seasoning is going to come off so just an easy pat is all you need.
- With all the juices you kept from the cooking bags move to a mixing bowl. Add the Garlic Aioli sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and Olive Oil Mayo and mix well with a whisp.
- By the time you have the sauce ready the ribs will have been on the grill or smoker for about 15 minutes. Now bast the ribs with sauce making sure they are completely covered. When done let the ribs cook for another 15 minutes and then remove.
- The ribs are now done and the fact that they really are a steak and not a rib it is best to eat them with a fork and knife.