Pulled Pork on the Rec Tec Bullseye Grill - FireBoard Thermometer - Keto - HFLC
Meat and Rub
- 1 8 pound pork shoulder with bone
- 1 Adobo Seasoning with Pepper
Real Time Chart of Cook
- This is my first low and slow cook using a Rec Tec Bullseye Grill. Making Pulled Pork and using the FireBoard Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer. Estimated time to cook 8 hours at 275F. Real-time was 8 hours and 36 minutes at an average temperature of 284F Cooked on grate till an internal temperature of 160F then foiled and cooked till 195F and then pulled.
- First thing, we put a foil pan underneath where the pork shoulder is going to sit on the grate. The Bullseye does not have a drip pan and no one wants to clean the grease out of the bottom of the grill. We then put the ambient temperature probe right in from of the pork shoulder as close to the middle of the grill as possible.
Applying the Rub
- Now we need to season the pork shoulder. For this cook, I am using only Adobo seasoning with Pepper as my rub. Adobo seasoning is my goto when making carnitas and wanted to give this pulled pork a Mexican flavor. Make sure you season all sides and I go around the roast two time. Adobo has plenty of salt and will still give you a nice bark without having to add any sugar. Actually, this recipe is great if you on a Keto diet.
Putting Pork Shoulder on Grate
- Now make sure you have preheated the bullseye grill to at least 250F. One really cool feature of the fireboard thermometer is the moment you plug in a probe it will start data logging. Now center the pork shoulder over the foil pan and make sure the meat probe is in the middle of the roast but not touching the bone. Close the lid and set the pellet speed to third position from off or if you are x military set it at 10:00 a clock.
Cooking until 160F then Foil
- Now three more hours and the pork shoulder is at 160F and will be foiled so it will not dry out. To be on the safe side I use a foil pan with foil wrap to make sure the pork shoulder is fully wrapped but if I get a tear I can keep the juices out of the bottom of the bullseye.
- Leave the meat probe in and make sure the foil is not touching the probe. Now put the pork shoulder back on the grill and close the lid.
Carolina Mustard Sauce
- Mix all ingredients well and then let the sauce sit for about 20 minutes.
Shred and Add Sauce
- Shred with Bear Claws and then switch to two forks. Add Carolina Mustard Sauce to pork and then use forks to evenly spread the sauce over every inch of the pork. Now serve the pulled pork with your favorite coleslaw.
- Here are the final results of the cook using the FireBoard Smart Thermometer. First Low and Slow cook on Bullseye Grill using FireBoard Smart Thermometer. Estimated time to cook 8 hours at 275F. Real-time was 8 hours and 36 minutes at an average temperature of 284F Cooked on grate till an internal temperature of 160F then foiled and cooked till 195F and then pulled.