Spatchcock Turkey on a Pellet Grill using a Almazan Knife
- Unwrap turkey and remove the neck and the giblets and place in stock pot.
- Cutoff extra skin using poultry shears.
- Flip turkey over so the backbone is facing up.
- Using your poultry shears cut down both sides of the back bone until you can completely remove it. Then cut of the Pope Nose and put the backbone and Pope Nose into the stock pot.
- Break rib cage using a heavy and sharp knife like this Almazan Knife. Make sure you do not cut all the way through the turkey but enough so the turkey can lay flat.
- Now cut off wing tips. This is the part of the bird that always burns so best to remove and add to stock pot.
- Flip turkey over and put on roasting rack and pan so the skin is facing upward and then season with SPG (Salt, Pepper and Garlic).
- Now spay all the skin with olive oil. Always do this last so the no oil gets between the skin and the salt.
- Now insert meat probes into each breast. Best to cook by temperature and not time.
- Now put turkey on rack and pan into the barbecue grill set for 350F.
- Cook turkey till internal temperature in the middle of the breast reaches 165F. Then remove turkey from grill. The cooking time on this turkey was 3 hours and 7 minutes.
- While still on rack and pan rest the turkey for 30 minutes.
- Now slice turkey and serve.