Asian Coleslaw – Barbecue Sides
Asian Coleslaw that goes great with Asian Pulled Pork.Print Recipe
- 1 head Cabbage
- 1 cup Carrots
- 3 tbsp Mayo Make the tablespoons overflowing
- 1 tbsp Clover Honey
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- On cabbage remove dirty or wilted leaves. Then cut out the stem so the cabbage and sit straight up.
- Now cut the cabbage in half.
- Now cut the halves into quarters.
- With a sharp knife start making thin slices on one of the quarters. Try to keep the slices together so when you are done on the first cut you can turn the quarter 90 degrees and then start making cuts about an inch apart.
- Keep doing this on each quarter.
- When all four quarters are cut then out into a large bowl,
- Now it is time to add the carrots. Here I am using pre sliced ones but by using the same technique you did with the cabbage it is not hard t o do. I;m just lazy. Cut up around one full cup of carrots.
- Now with food preparation gloved mix the cabbage and carrots together. A lot easier than using salad forks.
- Now we make the dressing. In a mixing bowl. First put three overfilled tablespoons of mayo.
- Add one tablespoon of clover honey.
- One tablespoon of sesame seed oil.
- One tablespoon of soy sauce.
- One half a cup of rice vinegar.
- Mix well and add it to cabbage and carrots.
- Using fresh food preparation gloves mix everything together in the bowl.
- Now transfer to the refrigerator and let it sit for one hour. Then serve.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1.8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 3.6g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.4mg