Pulled Pork with White BBQ Sauce on the GMG Daniel Boone Grill
- 1 Pork Shoulder Roast
- Will be using the Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone Grill and the cook is Pulled Pork with Big Bob Gibson White BBQ Sauce. We will start with my favorite rub and that is SPG. 1/2 cup of Kosher or Sea Salt.
- 1/2 cup of Coarse Black Pepper.
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Garlic.
- Mix Well.
- Apply Rub. When applying the rub the salt will dissolve into the meat. This action is actually what we call a dry brine and will make the roast hold moister and even help make it more tender. If you have the time let the roast sit for 4 hours in the refrigerator uncovered before we take it to the grill.
- This next step is optional, but I think by spraying a vegetable oil on the rub it will keep the rub in place and also allow the outside of the roast to develop a better bark.
- Pre-heat grill to 275F.
- Place pork butt in the middle of the grate and insert meat temperature probes.
- When pork butt is at 160F internal temperature it is time to foil the roast.
- Add 1/2 cup of Apple Juice to the pan.
- Seal foil around pan.
- Remove Blade Bone with one hand. If it requires two hands then cook or rest longer.
- Shred pork until pork is the right size for sandwiches.
- here is the chart showing each part of the cook.
- Add 1/2 cup of Big Bob Gipson White BBW Sauce.
- Make a sandwich on a roll or bun with about 50 percent pork to 50 percent coleslaw.
- Bon Appetite.