Chris Lilly's Six-Time World Championship Pork Shoulder
The Rest of the Ingredients
- 1 Whole Pork Shoulder (approx. 16 pounds)
- 1 Bottle Big Bob Gibson Championship Red Sauce (or substitute your favorite BBQ sauce)
- Mix all injection ingredients together and then Inject pork shoulder evenly with injection solution.
- Apply a generous amount of rub onto meat. Pat so the rub will adhere.
- Place in a smoker and cook with indirect heat for 16 hours on 225°F. Serve with sauce on the side or paint shoulder with sauce the last 20 minutes of cooking. When done, the pork should pull off the bones easily. The internal temperature of the pork should reach at least 195°F.
- Because you are cooking to temperature and not time that you use a professional Barbecue Thermometer like the ThermoWorks BlueDot or for the BBQ enthusiast the ThermoWorks Signals. Links are above in the Cooking Tools section.