ThermoWorks Billows on a Weber Kettle 22 – Baby Back Ribs in 3 Hours
This time we are cooking Baby Back Ribs in 3 Hours
If you would like to know more on how to install a ThermoWorks Billows on your Weber Kettle please check out this installation video – https://youtu.be/Da0gHrkINSo
- Setup kettle with 2 Weber baskets full of Kingsford blue briquettes. Put one charcoal starter in each basket and then light.
- Let the charcoal burn for 10 to 15 minutes and then put grill on with the pit probe attached. Plug pit probe into the Signals Thermometer and then set the Billows for 300F.
- Put the cover on and make sure the vents are set at 1/4 to 1/6 open depending on your elevation.
- Now time to prepare ribs. Take ribs out of the packaging and put on the preparation area. Find the dullest butter knife you can find. Now on the narrow side of the ribs take your knife and find the end of the membrane. Free the end up so you can grab it with a paper towel and then slowly pull it off.
- Now put one of the rib racks into a large foil pan and then add the rub. The rub we are using is Montreal Steak Seasoning. Here is the label and as you can see you can use it on pork. Actually all it is salt, pepper, and garlic with a few extra things thrown in. It is great on ribs
- Now put the rub on the ribs. Make sure you do both sides and I use about 1/2 cup of run on each rack.
- Put the rib on to the SOLIGT Extra Large Stainless Steel Rib Rack that fits perfectly between the weber baskets then put lid on and let cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour ribs should have a dark mahogany color and need to be foiled.
- Take a large sheet of Heavy Duty foil and put ribs in middle and fold up around the rib. Add 1/2 of pineapple juice and then seal up the foil around the ribs.
- Put foiled rib into a large foil pan and then put back on the grill. So it will fit you might have to push in the corners. Now cook for another hour.
- Remove ribs from foil and lay ribs with meat side up in the bottom of the foil pan but leave foil pan on the grill. Now with a silicon brush to paint on Stubbs Heat and Sweet sauce but only do it on the top side of the ribs. Put kettle lid back on and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Remove ribs from the grill and let them rest for 10 minutes. After resting slice ribs and eat.