Barbecue Carnitas Smoked Tacos
- 1 5 Pound Boston Butt (pork shoulder)
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Minced
- 1 tbsp Chipolte Powder (or 1 Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, Minced)
- 2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 24 oz. Bottles of Salsa Verde (Green Salsa) - do not use regular salsa or it will not taste right
- 2 Large Pack of Corn Taco Shells
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 2 Avocados
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Head of Lettuce
- 1 Purple Cabbage
- 1 Can of Black or Pinto Beans (your choice
Cut Up Meat
- Cut up pork shoulder so it is in approximately 2-inch cubes and put into a half size foil pan.
Add The Other Ingredients
- Add Onion, Garlic, 12 oz (half a bottle) of Salsa Verde, Chipotle Powder and Orange Juice in with the pork.
- Add some hickory wood to your coals or smoker then let it cook at 250F for three to four hours. All the liquid will be absorbed into the pork making it extremely tender. Remove from grill or smoker and then pull the port apart using two forks. If it is not easy then let the pork cook longer. When the pork is ready, slice up the Avocado, Tomatoes, Onion, and lettuce. Put the beans in a bowl and then let everyone build their own tacos.
- When the pork is ready, slice up the Avocado, Tomatoes, Onion, Cabbage and lettuce. Put the beans in a bowl and then let everyone build their own tacos.