Secret Recipe for Disney Turkey Legs - Keto - LCHF
- 1 REC TEC Grills Trailblazer | RT-340 | Bundle | Wifi Enabled | Portable Wood Pellet Grill
- 1 Camp Chef Woodwind with Sidekick
- 1 Weber SmokeFire EX4
- 1 ThermoWorks Signals
- 1 ThermoWorks BlueDOT
Ingredients - This is for 4 Turkey legs. Please adjust based on the number of turkey legs you need to cook.
- 4 Turkey leg
- 6 tsp Sea or Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Prague Powder #1 (pink salt / curing salt)
- 6 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 cup Distilled Water
- 1 cup Plowboy Yardbird Rub
- 2 One gallon Ziploc bags
- 1 Spray Can of Cooking Oil
- In a container add two cups of distilled water with kosher salt, Prague powder, and dark brown sugar. Stir till fully dissolved. Place two turkey legs into each 1 gallon Ziploc bag and then add one cup of marinating to each bag. Remove air from the bag by folding bad around turkey leg. Put both bags into a large just in case the bags leak and put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Prepare for Grill or Smoker
- Remove turkey legs from bags and wash ALL of marinating off of turkey legs. This is very important due to getting all of the Prague powder off the skin. Using a paper towel pat dry the turkey legs. Spray the turkey legs with cooking oil so rub can stick to the skin. Apply rub so every inch is covered. I usually do this in a casserole dish so clean up is easy. Preheat grill or smoker to 325F.
- Place turkey legs on the grill away from direct heat. That means using an indirect heat source like a smoke or on the grill away from the flame. Cook till turkey leg hit 175F internal temperature. Should take around an hour but always cook to temperature and not by time.
- When done they will be very juicy and will have the color and texture of a perfectly cooked ham. Now you know why Disney sells 1.6 million turkey legs each year.